Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Loving Lola


Because I am always on the hunt for the perfect perfume, I spritz any chance I can get. On my last trip to the mall (my least favorite place to buy perfume...but one where I can test) I had the opportunity to spray this on myself. I thought that I only sprayed myself (the usual spots; wrists, forearms, and neck) and wasn't highly impressed. I knew that the new Marc Jacobs Lola perfume had won Allure's Best Women's Perfume Award, so my standards were set pretty high. I was a little bit disappointed because it smelled very similar to another floral based fragrance (which I will not name) that I had tested out earlier. I enjoyed the scent, but it didn't make me stop dead in my tracks. Well, until yesterday, I had forgotten about my scent test drive altogether. That is, until I opened my closet and reached for a white sweater to throw on over my outfit. All of a sudden, I smelled vanilla, sweet floral, and something vaguely musky...needless to say it was a nice surprise and one that perked up the rest of my day. The annoying part is that it literally tooke me the entire day to figure out what the smell was from (it's not that I'm forgetful, it's just that with my job, I can spray lots of scents on in a single day.) After finally pinning it down to the Marc Jacobs Lola Perfume, I find it so interesting that I love the way it smells on my clothing. On my body, it was just another sweet floral that is a bit too strong for a humid Florida afternoon, but on my sweater, it's a delicious musky vanilla with a hint of peony and rose. It's a funny thing how body chemisty works...maybe I'll give it a second chance...