Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day Two Sarah Horowitz Perfume Experiment


Today is day two of the perfume experiment. I have had quite a long day already (let's just say that it is 2pm and I am on my second cup of joe.) I have successfully stopped drinking coffee for about 3 months, but as of late, I can't go without it (I hate that fuzzy haze I've been sitting in all week.) So today I really needed a perfume that would fit my mood. I'm feeling very relaxed and calm (probably because I'm so tired!) and I'm just not a fan of "energizing" fragrances.

Yesterday I had much success with the Light Scent, and today I am ready to try something new. After reading a lot of press about Sarah Horowitz's Perfect Veil fragrance, I decided that it was appropriate to try on a day like today. According to Rachel Zoe's "The Zoe Report," she is a major fan of The Perfect Veil...and well...that creates a buzz worth looking into.

When i first dabbed on the scent, I was turned off by its inital notes. On me, it smelled very distinctive, in other words, a bit old lady like. But after a couple minutes of sitting on my skin, it turned musky. Unlike most musks, it's not heavy at all, but very light and subtle. It smells warm and a little bit powdery, something I would wear to a classy dinner party or some evening event on a cold fall night. I don't sense any floral notes in it, but I do smell a little bit of vanilla which is nice and comforting.

The general idea of Perfect Veil is to "capture the sensual scent of clean, naked skin."
I like that unlike most "naked" scents, this one doesn't smell like soap, towels, or a sauna. It's a very gentle fragrance that is soft and bit mischevious...because anyone who takes the time to smell this lovely probably has a bombshell side too. Probably the exact opposite of yesterday's fragrance, Perfect Veil is a scent that the longer I wear it, the more I like it...the drydown really agrees with my body chemistry. If Perfect Veil were an article of clothing, it would be a soft white cashmere sweater with a slightly playful neckline. I'm liking it....