Friday, October 23, 2009

Day Three Sarah Horowitz Perfume Experiement


So as my readers and followers already know, this week I am reviewing 7 Sarah Horowitz Perfumes. For the last two days, I have reviewed fragrances from her "What Comes From Within" Fragrance collection. The scents are light, feminine, and meant to create sense of well being without being too perfume-y. Today is Day Three.

This morning I had a fantastic yoga class. The classes are held outside at the crack of dawn which is the perfect time for relaxation. No phones, no traffic, no outside stresses. This morning was the absolute perfect weather for it, too; not too humid and not biting cold like last week. So even though I was up very early with not much sleep, I still felt at ease from my class when I came into The Beauty Loft this morning. I was looking for a scent that would compliment my tranquil mood. After a quick sniff of today's options from my fragrance lineup, I chose to go with "Peace" from the "What Comes From Within Collection."

When I first put on Peace, I thought that it was the most cologne-y out of the ones that I have tried so far. It wasn't as light and airy as Light or Perfect Veil, which was a surprise to me. I sensed some bergamot, which is a crisp floral, and a little bit of sandalwood (not my favorite note in the world, but definitely something different...that is why we experiment after all!)

My favorite part of Peace without a doubt is the dry down. It dried down to a sensual, relaxing musky vanilla, which exactly captured the mood that I was going for. The scent lingered on my skin for the entire day, creating a little coccoon of scent that only I could smell. I didn't feel a yoga-esque sense of tranquility from this fragrance, but it was a nice reminder to stay calm and balanced on even the most stressful day. More to come tomorrow dear readers....