Saturday, October 10, 2009

Feeling very inspired..






I normally have a rule about blogging on topics that others bloggers are writing about. For that reason, I try not to read other beauty blogs because I know that they will sway my writing and cause me to depend on them for interesting topics. I know that blogging is as much about your own experiences as it is about others in the blogging community, but I find it very bland. I hate reading three or four blogs who are pretty much writing about the same exact collection or color. Boring! Occasionally I will post news articles from website sources such as WWD, and I find that totally okay because it is news from the direct source, as opposed to just copying that other blogs are covering. But on the other hand, sometimes I come across a post that truly inspires me, like today. Makeupbag.net covered the new Chanel collection color palette, and I am hugely inspired! I love basic colors like black and white with a splash of color. My go-to outfits usually include neutral colors with a bright accent, like a bold piece of jewelry or accessory. I think it's a clean, simple, sophiscated look that you has never ending options. Chanel chose to go with their signature black, white, and this time, jade. Jade is a gorgeous light green color that adds enough pop without being too summery, like a coral or turquoise would be. I love this look and can't wait to incorporate it into my style this fall. But natually, the Chanel Jade Green Nail Polish (which is fresh off the Paris runways) is out of stock....well...what do you expect?