Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Fragrance Experiment



I hope everybody had a great weekend! The weather here in North Florida dropped significantly this week, and it brought this magical fall feeling with it! I was so inspired that I have already baked out pumpkin muffins and a pumpkin chocolate chip loaf cake. And for you apple lovers/bakers out these, Honeycrisp apples are now in season so snap them up while you can! I sense an apple pie crisp in my near future...

So with this sense of change in the air of "in with the new and out with the old," I thought that we would have a fun experiment. This morning I received a gracious package from Sarah Horowitz Parfums; I had contacted them several weeks ago because I am planning on carrying the line at The Beauty Loft at some point. I love how the line is truly no-frills, but all quality scent. I really believe that companies are way too preoccupied with adorning the fancy bottle these days, conveniently forgetting about the most important aspect; the scent quality. Not everybody loves the same perfume or scent for that matter, but a trained nose should recognize a quality scent; a complex scent that also manages to be simple and long lasting. It should change over time on your skin, staying with you through your day, and it should mesh with your personality and who you aspire to be. The fun part about perfume and scent is that you can use your imagination to "create" a personality or feeling. In the makeup world, your facial features will never change, you can apply pots and pots of color, but you can never re-invent yourself completely. The most important balance with picking and wearing a fragrance is that it should be 90% you and 10% fantasy. So to the point already!

For the next 7 days, I will wear a new Sarah Horowitz Perfume. I will record how it makes me feel, what notes I sense in it, and its staying power overall. Welcome aboard our first blog experiment! Let the games begin tomorrow...