Friday, October 2, 2009

A dash of Martha, a dash of Demeter...



I love ordering from fragrance company Demeter for The Beauty Loft. I had to place a special order for a customer for the Tally store this week, so I decided to throw in some new fragrances to add to our growing collection. At $20 a piece, you can really have fun and experiment with different (and sometimes crazy) fragrances. We have had such great responses from nature inspired scents, such as Salt Air, Rain, Dirt, and Bonfire that I decided to go with another Mother Nature inspired one: Greenhouse. I am usually not a fan of the truly authentic scents because...well...they are to authentic. However, one spritz of Greenhouse and I was transported to a humid, slightly stale, glass greenhouse. Depending on your imagination, you can always elaborate on your Demeter visions; your greenhouse vision might be anywhere from the English countryside, to a harvest herb fair in Bedford. I chose these pictures from Martha Stewart's blog because she captures perfectly what I picture when I spray this...