Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day One: Sarah Horowitz Perfume Experiment



Today is the first day of our perfume experiment! Today I knew that I would be trying a new fragrance, so I made an effort not to confuse my nose with any other smells. I used an unscented body wash in the shower, and a very mildly scented body lotion. The first perfume that I will be reviewing is part of Sarah Horowitz's "What Comes From Within" collection. There are five scents in this inspired collection, each one paying tribute to feelings and inner beauty. The scent that I am wearing today is Light, a scent that is described as "sheer, luminous, sparkling, and ethereal."

This is a fragrance that I could absolutely see myself wearing. I love its sheer floral smell that isn't too overpowering with one distinct heavy note, but lots of light flowers reminiscent of summer. This is a scent that I would wear if I were feeling down or stressed because it really does envoke visions of picking honeysuckle and lilacs (this fragrance does not contain lilacs actually, but freesia instead.) Light also has notes of Jasmine, which I love because it is so feminine and sweet. The dry down of Light is a lot less floral and much more musky and clean. I can smell almost a very, very sweet ocean breeze (which after reading the description of the scent I find out is white cedar.) If you aren't a fan of overpowering florals, but want to wear something light, feminine, natural, and mood lifting, I would turn to Light. I am very very very picky about fragrances, and I could definitely see myself wearing this when I am in the right mood (wanting something peaceful and elegant.)