Sunday, August 16, 2009

So how did it hold up?



Like I promised I would, I wanted to give a proper review of the new NARS mascara. I didn't think that it would be fair to review this after only wearing it for a few hours and not doing anything that would test it out. So after wearing this for a couple hours at The Beauty Loft, I went off to the gym to a Pure Muscle class (needless to say, this class, done right, should have you pretty sweaty...perfect for a true test.) I went into the bathrooms at the gym after the hour long class and a sopping wet forehead, and it hadn't run at all. Well I wasn't satisfied just yet. So I went into the hot coal suana. I love the sauna; somebody once told me that if you don't let your pores sweat, it's kind of like never going to the bathroom, and you can imagine how many toxins would be in your system if you never flushed them out! The only problem about the sauna is that any non-waterproof makeup that you might be wearing will be streaming down your face when you step out. I spent about 20-25 minutes letting myself relax and steam up. As soon as I got out, I ran to the ladies room to see the status on my new mascara. Thankfully, it wasn't running down my face at all, in fact, I only had a little bit of smudging and zero flaking. I showered and felt very satisfied. Make sure that you have a good makeup remover on hand when you use this mascara because just soap and water won't remove it completely...Overall I am very impressed with the wand and thickness that it delivers, and now I am confident that it will last all day (and night) no matter what you do (including working out.)