Saturday, August 8, 2009

Flawless Finally?


Ever since I was trained in Bare Escentuals mineral makeup, I have been using it without fail. I have no desire to switch to a cakey, thick foundation when my skin looks so incredibly natural and perfect with the minerals. There's no doubt about it; Bare Escentuals pioneered the mineral makeup trend and having tried brand upon brand of knockoffs, I believe that it is the best. They slowly introduced more and more into the ever-growing line such as blushes, highlighters, brow products, eyeshadows, etc. And although they are the best selling mineral makeup brand in the country, their mascaras left more to be desired. The original mascara was The Big Tease, a comb-wand style brush that was great for short, stubby lashes, but didn't leave a great impression on customers who wanted volume or drama. Last year they released The Big Tease Blackest Black, with the same wand, but an inky-black colored pigment instead of the usual black/brown. It was a solid selling item for me at The Beauty Loft, but I knew that my Bare Escentuals die-hards were secretly using Dior Show and Bad Gal when nobody was looking. Something needed to be done! And quickly!
So imagine my delight when my newest shipment from BE came in last week with the new masara (Flawless Definition Mascara $18) sitting right on top! The wand isn't anything gadget-y or crazy, the bristles are rubberized and uniformed size. There is no clumping because the tapered rubber stubs sort of seperate your lashes apart from each other, but you will get a nice thick coat of color at the same time. It comes in both black and brown and it is (thankfully!) paraben free. I feel like Bare Escentuals really stepped up to the plate with this new product, and I see a lot of converts in the near future.