Saturday, August 1, 2009

My underwear deserves the best...


I've been working with bodycare company TOCCA recently because they've vying for a spot at The Beauty Loft. Whenever I bring in new brands I buy some of their best selling products of course, and then I always love to add products that the brand may not be known for especially. I love to hear the reactios from customers as they exclaim "Oh wow, I love ___ and I had no idea that they make___." It's a great way to keep a customer hooked on their favorite brand and yet introduce them to something new at the same time.
On another note completely unrelated but still pertinent, I have an obsession with lavish smelling detergents. Whatever you wash your clothing in leaves a slight residual on your skin and in your presence. To me, generic or mass produced detergents are the equalivent to a sugared-down chocolate bar. You can either go for the run-of-the-mill factory products 90% sugar chocolate bar...or you can spend a little more and buy the single estate, hand made chocolate bar. Now, I'm not suggesting that you buy this "gourmet" detergent in mass quantity and do every single load with it (that would get expensive, and we all break down and have a Hershey's bar sometimes, don't we?) but I at least wash my lacy and delicate items (and socks that my dryer loves to eat on occasion.) So...back to my reason for this post in the first place! I've been working with TOCCA in the last couple of weeks, it's a high quality line, known mainly for their perfumes and body lotions. Having tried their perfumes, (which I should mention are all distinct and fresh, some with hints of floral and some a little more musky) I researched what else this company makes...their not-yet-discovered cult product. And I happily came across a small collection of richly scented delicate detergents! They're great to wash your sheets with, and even your treasured cashmere sweaters that are far too gentle for the washing machine. The four scents they come in are: Grapefruit Cucumber, Orris Rose, Blood Orange, and the most fascinating to me; Pomegranate Tiare Flower. They all retail for $15, a small fortune to pay to smell fantastic and feel incredibly glamorous.