Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tempting and Teeth-Rotting


Cotton candy is one of those things in life that has been created to trick you. I just know that there were a bunch of devils sitting around trying to figure out the best way to make this tooth-rotting candy seem innocent and irresistible. "I know, let's make it pastel blue and pink! They're innocent looking colors They're the colors of babies rooms!" or "Yes...let's make a candy that is as soft as cashmere and melts warm sugar on your tongue!" Brilliant! However heaven-sent this treat might seem, all of my memories of cotton candy remind me of my teeth hurting and my head throbbing (from the sugar rush.) And yet I still love it; the smell of burning sugar, the melt-in-your-mouth texture, the crunching of sugar granules, and stickiness of wet sugar on my face. So when I came across this all natural lip balm by Urban Rituelle, I couldn't resist. It's not as much fun as the real thing, but it's a lot better for my teeth.