Sunday, August 9, 2009

Rainy Day Skin?


It's inevitable...those days when no matter what you do, your skin still looks terrible Unlike hair, you can't twist it up in a bun or cover it with a big floppy hat. Most of the time, makeup just makes the situation even worse, leaving you with skin that doesn't look any better, just covered up. There are of course tricks that you can do at home if you absolutely need to leave the house, such as splashing cold water on your face, rubbing it gently with sugar, and going for a quick run. There's also pinching your face as hard as you can, wearing a veil, and tactfully making your hair cover over the parts that you would prefer not to show. But sadly, none of these things actually make your skin look better in the long term. Whenever I'm having one of these "rainy day skin days" when my skin just wants to hide inside the house, I depend on the NARS Brightening Serum. One pump of this (or two if for a very bad day) mixed in with my moisturizer and I feel like jumping for joy. It illuminates with a pink hued pearlescence that instantly makes my skin look more awake and refreshed. The texture is not sticky and light enough to wear under makeup and concealer, helping me fake a quick jog or 8 hours of sleep. Love this product, I just wish they would come out with a travel size for on-the-go perking up.