Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Orange on the Fall 2009 Runway


Orange is normally a color that I associate with fall; pumpkins, gourds, candy corn, leaves. But the hue that I saw on the Fall 2009 runways is breathtaking. I sat here thinking how I can incorporate such a bright color into my fall beauty wardrobe and BAM! it came to me. Orange lipstick is far too unflattering for the majority of mortals, orange eyeshadow can be interesting if done right (which 99.9% of the time it's not,) and orange blush is too darn tricky to pull off. Then I remembered that NARS re-released their vintage best selling nail polishes this fall, and one of them is this gorgeous shade of orange that I keep seeing popping up. NARS nail polish in Cha Cha Cha is the perfect, most flattering way to snake in orange this fall. My inspiration is coming from the Michael Kors Ready To Wear Fall 2009 show, where he brilliantly threw in bolts of orange color in with crisp black suits and buttery leather jackets. I can't wait to wear my black trench coat, some spiky black heels and a pop of Cha Cha Cha this fall...it's seasonally festive in a jet-set runway sort of way.