Saturday, July 18, 2009

Peach Blossom



I am pretty picky about my perfume; and even more picky about ones that claim to smell like actual things. Very rarely do I come across something that actually smells better than the real thing. We got our Summer L'Occitane shipment in this week, and with it I ordered the new L'Occitane Peach Blossom collection. L'Occitane fragrances are always fresh and floral, with base notes of citrus and tea (amazing fragrances, but always a little too citrus-y for my liking.) When I ordered the new Peach Blossom Collection I was expecting a juicy, fruity, sun ripened peach scent. However, when I opened up the boxes and started to play with all of the new items, I was very surprised that the Peach Blossom fragrance had gone in a completely different direction than I was expecting. Instead of a tart or syrupy sweet peach, it is a gentler, more floral, almost musky fragrance. It has notes of bergamont and cedar which dry down to a soft powder/floral scent. I almost don't smell peaches in it at all, which is absolutely fine because I adore the scent without artifical smelling fruit. I catch myself spritzing myself two or three times a day because I love the inital scent of lemon (although it is nothing like the tart Verbena line) and a variety of floral notes that I can't quite pin down. I also love the Peach Blossom Shower Polishing Nectar because you're scrubbing with actual peach kernel particles and peach kernel oil, which is indulgent in itself. This was a huge surprise to me this week because I really wasn't expecting to find a new fragrance...but you know what they say...life happens when you're too busy planning something else!