Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tokyomilk


I love using anything exotic, or at least something that makes me look exotic. It seems recently that niche brands have been going more and more mainstream; making them less and less niche. It's a cycle of trends that you have to be on top of if you want to be a trend setter instead of a herd follower. Although I do run the risk of spoiling my own fun by telling you my secrets and finds, I'll take my chances and smile inwardly when I see it being sold everywhere but Greenland, knowing that I sparked a trend. One of my favorite beauty boutiques, beautyhabit just picked up a fabulous new line that I can't stop admiring. Tokyomilk is best known for their perfumes, blends of vanilla bean, sugared grapefruit, honeyed rose, and plenty more exotic ingredients. I am pretty wary about buying new fragrances, especially when I can't smell them through the internet...but I did find something even more intreguing. Tokyomilk also makes a product called "Bon Bon Lip Balms," adorable little pots of deliciously packaged and even more deliciously flavored lip balms. And they are not your run-of-the-mill flavors, either. Forget harsh menthol and waxy-cherry flavors and introduce your lips to flavors such as Iced Green Tea, Petit Fours, Rose Water, Opera Mint, Sweet Cream, Candied Violette, Cherry Balm and Honey Blossom. I have my eye on another flavor called Let Them Eat Cake described as "sugar sweet red velvet cake that is deliciously elegant." As if that were't delicious enough, the box and pot are adorned with images of Victorian-era women (my favorite fashion era) and huge cakes. All of the Tokyomilk products are whimsical and like something you would find on a vintage glamorous vanity from a foreign film. Let's just hope that this stays niche long enough for me to try all of the flavors!