Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My New Labelmaker


It has always been an issue at The Beauty Loft whether or not we price every single item. When I originally opened my first store, I priced every single item as it arrived. It was great when a customer asked how much something was, but in the long term it was time consuming and too hard to upkeep. In my current store, I tried to price everything...I really did! But out of sheer volume of product, I just decided to price only the testers (because they are permanent fixtures.) This would have been a great plan...in theory. Although I priced all of the items in hot pink gel pen which I later learned completely fades away to nothing. So here I was, stuck with absolutely nothing priced (and there is nothing worse than a busy Saturday when somebody asks "how much is this one?" and you have to stop everything and look it up in the computer.) So we finally splurged and bought a label maker this week, which has pretty much consumed my every day since I bought it. It's so addictive to make labels! Once you start you simply cannot stop (I know this probably sounds like something a high Martha Stewart would say but it's true!) Here I am today labeling Caudalie and working my way down the shelves one product at a time...