Monday, July 13, 2009

Godiva Candles



I love anything that smells foodie; I love a sweet syrup-y smelling perfume, my house is littered with "fresh baked bread" and "vanilla sugar cookie" candles, and body lotions that smell like something fresh from the oven are heaven. So when I read that famed candle company Slatkin is about to release a collection of candles that they made with Godiva Chocolatier, you can imagine my excitement. This fall they will be releasing four scents; milk chocolate truffle, black almond truffle, white chocolate magnolia, and raspberry ganache. And if that wasn't delicious enough, we expect a limited edition one for the holidays in peppermint bark! the full 7.5 ounce candle will retail for $25, although there will also be travel sizes available as well as gift sets with a selection of all four flavors.
I really hope that this is a trend that catches on with other confection brands. I remember once I bought a candle that smelled exactly like buttered mashed potatoes (it was meant to, not just a coincidence!) and it was amazing. I would love to see less candy-smelling items and more gourmet home scents and body products on the market. I really think that they would strike a chord with both foodies and makeup junkies alike. So listen up Dean and Deluca...we've got a winner here!