Thursday, September 24, 2009

As much as I hate MAC....



MAC has never had a warm fuzzy place in my heart. To me, the foundations are thick, the shadows are too dramatic for real life, and the pigmentation is not that high quality. Plus it doesn't help that I've never met a MAC employee that I've liked. It's almost like in their training seminars they're taught to be distant and aloof. Which is fine in this industry...but most of the time it's bordering on downright rude.

But this morning when I read that one of my favorite Palm Beacher's Lilly Pulitzer is teaming up with MAC to create a line this winter...I decided that I might just have to suck it up and visit a counter. Here is the blurb from WWD:


"Pulitzer is linking up with MAC Cosmetics to do a 19-stockkeeping unit color cosmetics collection dubbed MAC in Lillyland, which will be on counter Jan. 7 at all North American MAC locations; it will hit international MAC counters in February. The lineup includes two makeup brushes, an eyeshader for $24.50 and an angled contour brush, $32; two Technakohl liners, each $14.50; four Lipgelées, each $14; two nail lacquers, each $12; three Paint Pots, each $16.50; four Cremeblend blushes, each $18.50, and two embossed compacts."


It's funny to me that in the harsh black and white world of MAC, there will be an oasis of floral prints. I'm a big supporter of Lilly...maybe she can thaw the ice over at the MAC counter.