Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And you thought candles by the bath were romantic...



I always notice in movies when the star needs to relax, the first thing she does is run a bath. It's true; nothing is more rejuvinating than a hot bath and a cup of tea (or wine, if it's been a particularily stressful day.) But no bath is relaxing with the harsh flourescent bathroom lighting that seems to be standard. I love the idea of lights inside of the tub, just like a hot tub or indoor pool, it gives off this swanky "even my water does what I want it to" vibe. Maybe one day my master bathroom will come equipped with some underwater lighting...but until then we all stick to candles. I love candles, don't get me wrong. They smell amazing, they give off sexy flames, they're slightly warming, and the can help you unwind. But the problem that I always run into is where on earth do you put the candles when you're taking a bath? If you put them across the bathroom, then you're sitting in practically pitch blackness in the tub (which I find terrifying...can you say Psycho?) But putting them teetering on the edge of the tub is just plain dangerous. Nevermind floating candles...probably the scariest bathroom invention yet. The idea of them seems great and romantic, until you finally relax and stretch yourself out, only to be burned by the floating fireball. And what happens if you fall asleep in the tub? You think that your head is safe, propped up on the edge of the tub (or on a bath pillow) and all of a sudden (tssssst)...your cheek just got roasted! And i'm talking about the one on your face.

So when I see this new invention (which is supposed to be all scary and Halloween-ey) of Glow In The Dark Bath Bubbles, I think it's a fun idea. No flames, no half lit bathroom, no acting like your tub is a minefield. Plus, how fun would it be to sit in a tub that is glowing? I just think that radio-active bubbles are a great way to unwind (just be prepared to share the tub with playful signifigant others!)