Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Now Brewing...



I copied this from Women's Health Magazine because I couldn't have said it better:
"What can't green tea do? OK, your taxes. Anyway, when it's hot, the bionic brew releases catechins, a type of antioxidant with proven anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. (The tea's antioxidants start to degrade as it cools, so drink it while it's hot.) A 2007 study in The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry found that drinking two to six cups a day not only helps prevent skin cancer but may reverse the effects of sun damage by neutralizing the changes that appear in sun-exposed skin."

I just love Green Tea body products. Although they don't benefit you as much as a cup of the tea itself, I still like to imagine that the anti-oxidants are somehow seeping into my pores. I keep my Green Tea body lotions in the fridge so that on a hot summer day I can take it out, slather it on, and cool down instantly. Yum!