Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's all about balance...






Chakra -noun [chuhk-ruh] a Sanskrit word that translates as wheel or disc or turning.

According to Hinduism, there are seven Chakras in the human body. The Chakras are said to be "force centers" or powerful energy sources permeating from points of the physical body. It is said that if one of your Chakras is out of balance, your entire body is out of sorts and you cannot function properly. I had never thought much about my Chakras until I came across the Aveda Chakra Balancing Body Mists and I realized that balancing out my inner Chakras would be easier than I had previously imagined. The woman at the Aveda boutique asked me to choose which color and shape was most appealing to me. I chose one that seemed the most interesting and she explained that if I was craving that color and shape than that Chakra was the one most likely that I needed to re-balance. I didn't need to be hooked up to a machine that studies brain waves, I didnt need to endure any needles in and around my face, and I didn't even have to give a blood sample!
Naturally, the Aveda Body Mists all smell amazing and it is tempting to not buy all seven of them. They are perfect for that time of day when you need that extra calming boost, and even great for practicing yogi's who appreciate the art of deep breathing. If you have trouble sleeping, concentrating, or just plain staying grounded and you dont want to resort to a therapist, these are a nice alternative. Spray them on your body, hair, sheets, pillow, clothing, clean laundry, etc. Ahhh...I'm feeling relaxed just talking about it!