Friday, June 26, 2009

The most delicious hand cream



Marzipan is one of those foods that I can get absolutely sick eating. No, I don't get sick of eating it, I just eat so much of it that I get sick. But much like consuming too much alcohol, it somehow vanishes from my memory and I do it again and again. I just love everything about this confection made of crushes almonds, sugar and eggs whites. I love it by itself, shaped as fruit or little animals, covered in chocolate, and baked into desserts.
The funny thing is that I don't have as much of a love affair with almonds by themselves. I can eat them because they're very good for me, and I try to eat them as much as possible, but there is still something so dry and tasteless about them. It's incredible to me that marzipan is even related to almonds at all!
But thanks to my love of marzipan in all of its forms, I've also created an obsession for body products that smell similar to it. We all know that there is nothing worse than a product that tries to emulate a smell and having it actually come out rather foul (this tends to happen with fakes of vanilla, chocolate, coconut, and lemon.)
Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme's first ingredient is actually pure sweet almond oil! There is nothing fake about this marzipan-scented hand cream (well, other than the fact that it isn't marzipan at all....it just smells like it.)
I can only hope that Burt's Bees will make an entire Almond Milk line because there is nothing more authentic smelling than marzipan itself...