Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Making a good thing even better...



One of the great things about owning a beauty boutique is always knowing what is coming out months in advance. As cosmetics buyer, I receive documents called "sell sheets" before the season begins with pictures and descriptions of the products soon to come. This is both good and bad because on one hand, I am ahead of the curve and can let my customers know what is going to be hot next season, and on the other hand, I get really anxious to see the new products already! This week I received the Fall and Holiday Sell Sheets for Urban Decay and let me just tell you...it just gets better and better each season! So far, for Fall, we can expect mini cream liner kits in six crazy colors, three new Deluxe Eyeshadow colors (Freakshow; purple with red sheen, Frigid; purple with blue sheen, Ruthless; neutral champage, three new shades of their cult lipstick (Naked; a pink nude, Confession; a deep burgundy, and Oil Slick, a glossy black infused with microsparkle!) Some other items for Fall include two new colors of their creamy lipliners (Wallflower, a rose color and Paranoid, a peachy coral), and a new Surreal Skin Cream to Powder Foundation set with a cute flat brush.
Another addition to the line for fall will be a slew of new primers! There will be two new primers for under your foundation, one for Brightening and one for Pore Perfecting. I just love primers like these because they really do finish your look and give you an airbrushed appearance. I have a feeling that they will be huge for fall under all kinds of makeup (powders, minerals, liquid, cream, etc.) Another addition to the primer family for fall is the Eyelash Primer Potion. It is the first fiber filled lash primer that I have ever seen and I can't wait to see how thick it makes my lashes. It has wheat protein to condition lashes and keep them from getting brittle, not not mention it strengthens them for the long term so you can bat away. And lastly for fall is a new lip primer that is packed with vitamins (and SPF 15) for seamless long-lasting lip color.
And speaking of primers....the picture above is the fabulous new wand for the best selling Primer Potion. Due to customer demand (and inability to reach that last little bit at the bottom of the container) they finally created the bent wand. And now I am off to go and try what is new in stock...and bide my time until the fall stuff is finally delivered!