Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Achy Breaky...Lips??



A couple of weeks ago we received a shipment of these newly packaged lip balms from Rosebud Salve Co at Beauty Loft Tallahassee. I, like the rest of the beauty obsessed world, became attached to the original formula a number of years ago. Since then, new flavors have been released and new formulations have been created. However fun and exciting the new salves are when they are first released, it seems like I am always reaching for the original for my lips (and cuticles on a particularily dry day.) And as much as I love the original formula, which has been popular for over a century...the packaging is just not designed for a warm climate. If you live in Florida and you have ever left one of these in the car on a summer day, you know exactly what I am talking about! When we need to make orders for Beauty Loft in the summetime, we actually hygenically open each one before we put it on the shelves to ensure its freshness! So you can image my excitement when these tubes of the famous salve arrived! I immediately placed them on the front desk where you check out, next to our eternally burning NARS candle (there is just something about the Bosphurus scent that I can't get enough of.)
Immediately after placing them on my counter, customers recognized the pure genius of the new product. Slowly they began to disappear...and I started to get increasingly worried. With only three remaining, I knew I needed to act quickly. Even though I had been fighting the inner voice that told me that "one more gloss would be the straw on the horse's back," I couldn't sell out without snagging one for myself. I was able to justify the taken item, of course...I mean, it is winter, my lips are very dry and chapped and the packaging simply couldn't ruin my car seats.

Feeling very pleased with myself, I carried it around for at least a day. Yes...you heard right...ONE DAY! I seem to have left it in my boyfriends new car on its first outing...and haven't seen it since. He seemed to have noticed that not only does it moisturize without leaving a trace of girly color but it feels and smells great. My adventure with the new Rosebud Salve was short lived but very promising, i believe, because now he has very soft lips! And I think I might just need to snag another one...but don't tell....